Mother’s Day is sad because I don’t have my Mama with me on earth, but it is also happy because it is a day to reflect on how blessed I was to have had her as my mother.
My mom was very special. She truly loved God and she loved people. She had the ability to look past people’s wounds and to see each person as a special gift from God. I am so lucky to have had her as an example of how to demonstrate Christ’s love.
Mama was quick to tell you that God created her to serve Him. One of the ways that she served him was as a teacher. Not only did she teach for close to forty years in the public school system, but she also taught daily through her actions and words.
To honor her this Mother’s Day, I want to share some of my Mom’s favorite sayings (teachings). She shared these nuggets of gold with me daily (especially when I was getting them wrong- lol!)! I’m calling them “Patsyisms” (since as most of you know, her name was Patsy)!
- To have friends, you have to be a friend.
- Turn the other cheek.
- Say you are sorry even when you feel the other person is wrong. It makes you the “bigger man (or woman).”
- Be the “bigger man (or woman).”
- God loves everybody. You should too!
- Treat people with kindness. You have no idea what they are going through.
- Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and everything else will be added. (Or put God first and everything else will work out.)
- Use your talents for God. He gave them to you!
- Pray about it!
- We are all God’s children!
My mom lived a happy life filled with friends because she used these “Patsyisms” as her guide. At this difficult time in our world, we could benefit from following them!
I am thankful that I have the assurance that Mama is in heaven! I can’t wait to see her again one day!
I hope each of you has a Happy Mother’s Day!
Love ya, :)!