Who am I?
That’s a question that I’ve been trying to answer for years.
This is what I know for sure. . .
- ~am a home-school mom of two fabulous boys……. (one is now in college).
- ~am a PK-…….. (Can I still be a preacher’s “kid” at my age?…. 26 (my lying age) + a couple of decades (true age) ;)! ).
- ~ am the wife of a very kind man (also a preacher).
- ~am licensed as a professional counselor, nursing home administrator, and a realtor- (although I’ve never used the realtor license).
- ~ am ordained as a minister (Shhhh. . .don’t tell my Baptist friends!).
- ~ hold a BA in Psychology, MA in Counseling, and a Doctorate in Biblical Studies.
- ~ get paid to write for a quarterly (Sunday School material); have written several books and published them; plus, I do jail ministry and love to speak about God.
- ~ taught myself to play the piano “by ear” (even though I was told that I didn’t possess the “gift” ).
With all of that “stuff” I seem pretty accomplished. . .
But ……………………….the truth of “Who I AM”. . . (or who I was)
is actually more like. . .
~ A person desperately trying to
and be perfect
so that people will accept me, and love me, and won’t reject me.
Some days I think I’m a complete mess… and other days I hold on to the TRUTH about who I REALLY am …the TRUTH that God has so patiently been teaching me for the last few years.
On the good days, I know that. . .
I’m not really a mess. . .
…at least not a TOTAL one. 😉
Instead, I am the princess of an unconditionally loving Daddy God…
- ~ and He created me perfectly for the work that He has for me…
- ~ and He doesn’t make mistakes… not even in the making of me…
- ~and I am the righteousness of God through Jesus…
- ~ and my identity is in Him…
- ~ and He has already made me perfect in His sight as He makes me more and more like Him each day.
On good days, I remember who I really am. On the not so good days, I still struggle with insecurity, fear, and doubt.
Still, I am making progress in learning MY IDENTITY IN CHRIST! :)!
This blog is my journey …
It is raw, unfiltered, and filled with all of the stuff I try desperately to hide…
The fact is. . .I am utterly and desperately and completely “Imperfect.”
BUT… the Bible says in Hebrews 10: 14 “For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.”
…………….And so there you have it. . .
I’m really perfect!
At least in God’s sight. . .
“Imperfectly” Perfect- It’s my life.
If you can relate. . .leave me a post!
Thanks for reading!